View Single Post
      04-04-2012, 09:04 AM   #1
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Feeler: 4 Breyton GTS-R Black With Red Stripe + 4 Hankook V12 Staggered REFINISHED

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
As some of you may know, and probably none of you remember, I posted last fall saying I had curbed my car during a sudden temperature drop/snow storm while on the highway. The result was that two of my Breyton rims were damaged. Both chipped, and one bent. It was still driveable home and then to get them dismounted, but I could feel the bend while driving. I took those rims off, slapped on my winter rims, and promptly forgot about them.

Since then, I've bought a new set of summer wheels and tires, and I don't know what to do with these. I am thinking of refinishing them at my own expense, getting the chips and the bend fixed, and selling these as a set. With or without TPMS. They already are mounted with Hankook tires. 225 in front, 255 in back. The rear tires have about 4/32" remaining, and the front's have quite a bit more.

3 wheels are at a friend's place, including the two with the chips and damage, but you can see the extent of the chips in my old post here:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=604065

At the time I only even noticed the chip in the front. The chip in the back was small and it was dark, so I didn't even realize! But yeah, that's about the extent of the cosmetic damage on the worst rim.

If anyone is interested in buying this set, I will go ahead and restore the damaged rims. The other 2 are in perfect condition, as I tend to baby my car, and are just a little dirty because of the mud involved in the incident. I quickly wiped off the one rim I have, the others are at a friend's pending possible refinishing, here it is:

As a testament to the quality of the rims (since I know there have been some scares on here).. NONE of the rims cracked at all during the accident. They are structurally sound except for the bend. They are cosmetically damaged by the chips. Gill of Tirerack says nothing but awesome things about these rims, and I do too.

Let me know if anyone is interested in buying this set, so I know what to do. Also let me know if you are interested in just the wheels or the tires, or whatever, because if I find people are more interested in that than in the set, then I will get rid of things individually.

These are great rims, VERY lightweight (in the range of 17 pounds), good quality, and they are attention-getters. I have literally been on the highway, and girls have asked me where I got my rims at highway speed with the windows down yelling. Twice. Seriously. Not to mention all of the parking lot attention..

As for price.. new all of this goes for at least 2 grand on tire rack, including tires. I'm hoping to make a grand back, minus whatever the refinishing price is, which I expect to be about $200 (am I right in thinking this??). So $1200 + shipping for everything (including a TPMS if that is your desire, $200 value by itself)? Is that a good starting price point? I honestly don't know. I know the wheels aren't damaged structurally with cracks, and they have NO CURB RASH whatsoever and no dings or anything. I'm always very careful. I'm open to any offers.

Anyway, let me know, and thank you for looking!

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Last edited by 1speedbike; 04-04-2012 at 12:53 PM..
Appreciate 0