View Single Post
      07-24-2014, 09:43 PM   #1
loudenvier
Brazil
Rep
Drives: 2006/2007 BMW 130i M

Shouldn't my E87 130i have bluetooth available?

I'm reading a lot of topics on retrofiting the bluetooth module on a 1 series BMW, specifically a E87 pre-LCI 130i. Today I went to the car to check on the trunk and I've found I already have a MULF, which comes to no surprise after I've checked my vin for my car options:

S644A Preparation f mobile phone w Bluetooth
S645A BMW US Radio
S663A Radio BMW Professional
S672A CD changer for 6 CDs
S676A HiFi speaker system

But the problem is that I can't pair my bluetooth phone. Even though the BC will show the TEL (phone) option, it seems inert. Here are some pics from my trunk with the MULF module (made in spain, by the label :-) ) and the BC:

I've tried to hold the "phone" button on the extreme right of the head unit, and search for bluetooth phones to no avail. I've tried to access the CB buttons bellow the "TEL" option and nothing happens. I didn't try to keep holding this button while searching for bluetooth devices on my Moto X...

Is there any procedure I'm missing, or do I need extra hardware for my Bluetooth to work? I know that I have a mic (near the sunroof controls).

Is the unit defective? I didn't find any errors using TORQUE PRO or BMWhat with a ELM327 OBDII clone. My CD Changer is not working properly tough, but it seems unrelated to the MULF.

Any ideas?
Appreciate 0