07-16-2008, 10:29 PM   #12
aedeau
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: VE Clubsport R8 LS3 6.2Ltr

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieRacer View Post
FYI, the TPMS is not fitted to Aussie 1ers. We just get the ABS based system where it measures tyre rotation. Hence I had a slow leak a few months back and got no warning what so ever. I only noticed when it started to rain again in Melb and was wondering why the car was wondering so much over and around tram tracks. Checked the pressures and barely had 60kpa in the right front.... Visually you could barely tell something was wrong. I have no idea how long I drove around with it flat. Hence I let no more than a month pass before replacing all the tyres (luckily they were due anyway).

So check pressures when you get a chance and reset the system. Check pressures 24 hrs later and if it drops head to your nearest tyre place. Oh and unless you want to replace the tyre, don't tell them you have been driving on it flat too long. Otherwise they may not want to repair it.
Thanks for that; The tyres & car are 2 weeks old and i've done 1000kms, if the rears have a problem i'm going to try and pump them up and see if it's a slow leak, then hopefully have some fun with them before I replace them with 255s on the back.

However, I'm not real keen on also replacing the fronts as well, which also only done 1000kms.

Is the width differential between 215s at the front and 255s on the back too much? I think i've read somewhere that going too wide on the back will tend to induce oversteer? (PS: this is a road car only, no track) I intended on swapping to a 225 front and 225 rear configuration for my second set of tyres anyway, but just didn't think i'd have to deal with it 2 weeks after taking delivery of the car :iono:
Appreciate 0