04-28-2014, 09:01 AM   #3
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135 View Post
It depends how much you want to spend as you've listed everything from cheap to expensive options. It also depends on what the intended purpose will be, i.e. street only or track-oriented - don't get cross-drilled rotors for use on the track unless you want to crack the rotors under extreme heat conditions; get slotted only.

You could consider an RB rotor kit upgrade (semi-BBK). As well as StopTech, other expensive BBK alternatives are Alcon and AP Racing.

Also, talk to Pete@Advan about the Nashin BBK that Advan sells. Some more discussion here.

Don't forget to upgrade to stainless steel brake lines and perform a fluid flush (full bleed) using brake fluid with a high boiling point, e.g. Motul RBF600/660 or Castrol SRF.
I've heard that the RB quality is questionable and that there are some issues with their product. I'm not sure if they've addressed these issues yet but I wouldn't recommend it.

I went with Stoptech BBK and couldn't be more happy. They get a lot of attention too.

OE is probably the best option and you almost always get what you pay for. ECS look quite good but if you track your car hard I wouldn't recommend them, or any cross-drilled rotor for that matter. I've had some hairline cracks in my first set of Performance rotors from track abuse.
Appreciate 0