View Single Post
      07-12-2013, 06:48 PM   #65
jbass524
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blutattoo View Post
It may be your amazing driving skills that makes your Miata so fast, but where I race there isn't one out of the hundreds of Miata's including race prepped cars that turn faster lap times than my slightly modified 135 on street tires. As for the e46's I demolish them. E92's if driven by a good driver compete with me, but just barely. I'd argue that the e36 is a better chassis to turn into a track car. But then again the op asked e46/135.
Hey blutattoo,

I have a friend who runs a solid 1:53 in his Miata at Sears Point. It's a well built car but it's only mildly faster than a Spec Miata and doesn't have forced induction. I imagine you've run there. If so, what is your best time? This would give us all a good understanding of how hard you drive your 135.

This is important information as if you don't drive it hard enough to limp and continually have sessions and track days cut short then a lot of what you're saying is invalid. Or you may be able to get 2 really fast laps in before having to short shift and come in.

You may have some secret where you can drive it very fast with limited mods for full sessions full days without having the N54/55 gremlins rear their heads. If so, you should share that information as few people have been able to drive their 135/335's hard without significant reliability modifications.

I speak from experience coming from an E92 335.
Appreciate 0