03-05-2008, 03:03 PM   #27
Bringinthewolf
1 for the road
Canada
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i Cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYZATC View Post
I wasn't asking if you would pay over MSRP.

If you are going to lease or finance a 135i you are effectively paying a price that is higher than a 335i coupe. Bringinthewolf stated he would pay more for the 1er than the 3er because it was a more desirable car for him.

So my question is with all things being equal (ie same lease/finance rates as a 3er) at what price above the 335i coupe would the 135i coupe no longer be attractive.

Most people see the 1’er as down market from the 3 series just because it is lower priced, but why is it lower priced? What advantage does the 3 have over the 1? The answer is nothing. It’s essentially the same car other than the size so in my opinion they should be priced the same. Just pick the size that suits you.
I don’t know at what price point I would say that I would live with the size of a 3 series because the 1 is too much more money. Obviously that is a very difficult question to answer. I’m glad that is not the case and I won’t have to make that decision because in my market the 3 series will cost more.
Appreciate 0