View Single Post
      01-10-2010, 07:53 PM   #5
M2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky G View Post
So Tischer as a BMW dealership still sells Dinan? Interesting, a few other Maryland dealers I've spoken with (Annapolis and Russel) don't do Dinan any longer, and tried to discourage it basically. Said they had had problems working with Dinan on getting DInan to cover warranty stuff. I don't know who to believe, but if the dealership themselves does it, hard to imagine it would be too much of an issue if something did come up, and I took the car right to them...
I believe it has more to do with BMW selling you their tune, now that there is one. They would buy DINAN if they could, just like the bought John Cooper Works and brought it in-house but still sell the same tune upgrade, but now it's in house, straight from the factory and all the profits go to BMW. My reasoning is due to an experience I had when I owned a Mini Cooper S and I wanted to get the John Cooper Works reduction pulley put on my car but Annapolis MINI wouldn't do it since they said it would void the warranty, but I bet they will do it now that they own John Cooper Works. Same parts...At least that's my take on it. Tischer is a authorized dealer and they even have dedicated service advisors and Tech's who do the work. I would have gone to them, since that's where I bought my car, but I didnt want to drive all the way out there. Call me lazy.