04-30-2012, 12:01 PM   #14
aacabriolet
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '14 435i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1er coupe View Post
5% tint is very light....you would barely see it.

To be honest I'm gonna leave them the way they are...I've seen so much variation in HIDs that you cant make a judgement on their brightness until you see them in the flesh. Some 6000k bulbs look like 8000K etc and vice versa. They are no more dazzling than audi fairy lights! I mean have you seen the latest Kia cars? Their LEDs look like HIDs! I think these are perfect.

Lux are good for what they are but not bright enough for me. I can see these HIDs in direct bright sunlight. Lux fade into nothing.

I live in a rural area with hardly any street lights, blind bends, high-sided walls....so bright angel eyes are essential for me. Plus they look awesome!! The whole point is that cars and pedestrians can see me better. The car looks up to date and will be easier to resell.

I have no idea which HIDs they are! I just handed the boxes to my mechanic lol I bought them from M Style in the UK. We have an ongoing group buy over at bmw...they will work out at £150 if we get 10 people involved (nearly there) at the moment we already have a discounted price of £170. If you want discount quote 'babybmw' to James who works there. I'd stay away from the really cheap chinese HIDs you see on ebay.

If it helps identify the HIDs they have black control units and orange ballasts....does that help?!

http://www.mstyle.co.uk/acatalog/info_D04MS100.html

Anyway I'm loving them. Keep looking for shop windows so I can see my new angel eyes in the reflection lol I will post photos of my brothers E92 angel eyes tomorrow when he has the HIDs installed. His current LUX look really tame compared to my 6000K HIDs!
Thanks for the response man My expectations of LUX were how you are describing your HID's to be honest Don't get me wrong, LUX are 200% better than stock, and like you said are the best of what they are.

I think the HID's are more in line with E92 LCI Angel Eyes? (the stock white/purplish hue angel eyes on the newer E92 LCI models?) - those can be quite dazzling too when looking at them directly so it kinda sounds how you are describing the HID look?

My only concern with the HID's (like most aftermarket HID kits) is that I hear so many of them stop working after x amount of time down the line- flickering, ballasts not igniting, etc etc.

Also, DIY install is a hassle/tricky.. For example, did you have to drill holes in your headlight housing to get the bulbs in? And then you worry about moisture etc. entering the headlight housing too..
Appreciate 0