Thread: Sk8fe's Build
View Single Post
      10-07-2013, 06:08 AM   #162
Sk8fe
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SGM 135i

Sorry guys, I was at the track this past weekend. LSD and AFe were awesome! I *so* need Hankook or Hoosiers slicks and front brake cooling ducts/setup!

HP Autosport - Yep, thanks.

P90Puma - just to be clear, the 1M side skirts do bolt/secure to the 135 no problem, its the rear alignment that is off -- sticks out too far ~ half inch to an inch if I recall correctly as Curare86 said due to the1M rear quarters being wider than the 135's down low there. I would think that if you did want to tackle the 1M rear conversion then you have two options.

1. Do like I did and have a shop graft the 1M front side skirt to your stock 135 side skirt.

or

2. Have a shop see if they can blend it. ???

Eventually, I will be tackling the 1M rear conversion and eventually my grafted 135/1M side skirts will be for sale, but that won't be for some time yet (need to save up for that project). Also, you may already have it but just didn't say, but you will need a 1M windshield washer fluid blatter as there is a clearance issue with the stock 135 blatter and we weren't able to get the 1M side marker to secure. Because I didn't know this at the time we had to use a heat gun to reshape the stock 135 blatter to get the 1M side marker to secure. Moreover, since I got the 1M front bumper without the cutouts for the headlight washers (I hated them), I removed that motor/pump and all of that tubing. My fabricator made me a billet aluminum with rubber grommet "stopper" to plug that hole in the blatter. Hope that helps. Good Luck!
Appreciate 0