Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by P90Puma View Post
Thank you very much, I believe I wasted my $$$ buying 1M side skirts based on looking at this picture.

If you could get some more pictures that would be great but that gap looks like basically nothing and not worth the frustration of grafting skirts together.

Did he reuse the majority of the 135i front end parts? I find it hard to believe some of these lists of having to rebuy a ton of front end parts.
A lot of the parts are simply due to reshaped pieces. Undertray bits on the 1M are proportionately longer to fit under, the ducting bits are shaped differently, though it is funny having both ducts but only 1 oil cooler so I might consider that as my next mod. The snorkel and other associated bits for the windshield wiper fluid reservoir change to match up to the shape of the front fender. I would not skip the guards under the fenders(forgot the name). I would say 100% of the parts are important to get. The only real issue/unused/confusion I ran into was with the battery cables but that was on the rear end of the conversion and has to do with BMW picking/creating a different grounding point on the 1M than on the 135i.

I would follow the guide written by ilikebmxbikes on this matter. all of those items are necessary. feel free to pick and choose when you order but buying em all will save on shipping/etc. be sure to order from one of the great oem parts suppliers we have here on the forums like Reeves, gave us crazy pricing!
Appreciate 0