10-18-2008, 01:19 AM   #92
Orb
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINI135i View Post
Just bought the TC Kline D/A coilovers and the Vorshlag camber plates. Decided to start with the 350F/500R rates and then play around from there. Getting ready for some fun in STU next year.

TC mentioned that the "soft" stock subframe bushings might be the limiting factor to using a heavier spring efficiently at this time. He is putting some of the perfomance bushings on his car soon, so it will be interesting to see the difference.

After I install the coilovers/camber plates, I will put a larger front sway bar on also....problem is my car still has a couple of weeks coming back from Germany...I am going through withdrawls...but the 156 mph stent on the autobahn makes me remember it was all worth it.:smile:
The stiffer bushings are from e9x M3. A few of us e90post have replaced all the front suspension links and in may case all the rear link except the camber link to M3 parts. Cost for parts was 1600.00 but a significant upgrade can be done for as little as 450.00 (front tension strut and rear sub frame bushings). It makes a massive difference and had to retune springs and dampening rates.

Orb
Appreciate 0