01-06-2013, 09:14 PM   #16
Cope
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11' VO 1M, 17' LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducboy View Post
You'll definitely need the cable from the HU to the AUX/USB port under your armrest (at least that's where it is on the 135i.) Here's the part number:

61119129360 -> CONNECTION WIRE FOR USB/H ~$50

Not sure if you'll need coding to enable any of this. Without coding, I have full Bluetooth functionality including steering wheel buttons, and I suspect USB will be the same since it's all controlled by the HU. I plan on coding mine myself, simply to change the voice control to English from German
Yea the USB port is in the same place as it was in my 2011 128i that I had before this. Location on that shouldn't be a problem. Thank you for the part number I'll probably order that relatively soon, along with the replacement headunit.

Is it a rough task putting in that USB wire? I have to be honest and admit I've never done anything of the sort before and if it were possible was going to assemble all of the parts and try to get my dealer to install them (or a local audio shop).

After that paragraph it should come as no surprise when I say I also have no clue how coding works, or how I even begin to do that myself. I knew that would be an issue, when talking to the parts department at my dealer they were shady on what would need to be done. Any guess on what sort of price I could see for this kind of coding? Sounds like I need a language change, and do you know now if USB functionality is good with/without coding?

To recap, I will need:
- a y cable (which I have)
- a new head unit
- the USB wiring
- the actual USB/aux port
- mic + wiring (comes with head unit)
- coding

Is there anything I'm missing or does that look about right? And thank you so much for the help so far I'm excited to get this done.