View Single Post
      06-22-2011, 02:44 AM   #91
PrMaX
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M-packet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drawn05 View Post
You are right that pin 6 could be for AHL, as the instructions that I drew that diagram from are for the AHL retrofit kit.

But I am unsure if the e90 wiring is the exactly the same for the e82, as what you have is the same as what I currently have and it doesnt work for me.

I can code the VO to have the $522 and get the xenon low beams to work without flickering but lose the AEs and high beams, even though they are activ in the frm script.

I need to get a photo or a diagram of the non-ahl e82 xenon socket wiring.

EDIT: I am such an idiot!!

I have been misreading the instructions. It actually requires the new wiring harness 'IN ADDITION' to the current one, not to replace it outright. So Pins 1, 9,10 and 11 are replaced with the new wiring but the original 3, 4, 6 and 12 remain with pin 5 (the high beam shutter) being a new addition (but unlike the e90, cant just be tapped from another pin).

So the DRLs dont work because the pin in the FRM is not there, as when the $522 is coded it requires the FRM to have a different pin from the one that is currently there with the halogens(so its connected at the headlights but not at the FRM, if that makes sense -same with the High beam {which as it isnt a bulb it doesnt give a error code}). It all makes sense now!!! It requires a new pin 1 becuase the halogen bulb is a tiny 5w while the DRL are 35w.

Might just bite the bullet and buy a the harness from a local dealer today rather than wait the 2 weeks for it to come from Germany.
You need this harness: 61 12 0443 691 which is a part of retrofit kit: 63 13 0 443 694.

You can buy it seperatly.

Good luck