View Single Post
      04-12-2013, 10:29 PM   #1
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Crusade against tailgating

It was heavy rain up here a couple of days ago, and as usual I like to have about 3 seconds gap in this situation. The car infront of me is doing around 105 in a 110km zone and whilst most cars on the left hand lane with heavy traffic is doing about 100km.

A modded impreza was tailgating me for at least 30km, and even flashing his high beams at me. So, did he expect me to either tailgate the person in front, or for me to move over so that he can tailgate the person in front?

Anyway decided to hold my position, and turn on my fogs on and drive how I normally drive, overtaking at GPS legal speeds, and keeping my 3 seconds gap when I am going no where. Observing his speed, he wasn't comfortable going over the legal limit in those conditions either. Eventually, he decided overtake me with a very small gap on the left hand side and accelerated to at least 130km (remember this is in heavy traffic and heavy rain), and proceed to slow down to 100km/h on the right hand lane, and brake tested me twice - which is rather pointless as I always remain adequate gap to the next car where I didn't even have to take my foot off the accelerator.

I found this not an isolated incident, but tailgating seems to be very acceptable for people who drives. I always leave room for the unexpected, why don't the police concentrate their efforts on tailgating which have much worse consequences than 3km over the limit in the states south of our borders?
Appreciate 0