View Single Post
      12-01-2012, 06:47 AM   #28
thehalcyon
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 135i MT LeMans

Thanks for the replies.

Some good points brought up from everyone. A small update regarding this particular dealer. Simsims ( spot on by the way it is in fact this dealer ).

I got in touch with the sales manager from this dealership and explained the whole situation over the phone. Its hard to say what he thought but I didn't feel any sort of genuine interest or care from him. He did say he was going to talk to the guy (give him a high five maybe?) And offered to do a quick search for me on his system. He got back to me with a car that looked interesting but never replied back to my followup question.

I don't think I want to give them my business after all of this I'm worried if I bought a car from them that they wouldn't service it properly.

I've inquired from a couple dealerships about doing a custom build and they all seem to say around late Jan early Feb to start production... Seems like a long time to wait, and I wouldn't get nearly the same discount so I would have to forgo some of the options I like.

A forum member from Montreal pm'd me to get in touch with a Quebec dealership unfortunately you can't do balloon financing in QB so I have to rule that out.

Ive found a car very close to what I'm looking for. It's in the Toronto Area.
I've been given a generous but seemingly average discount for a 2012 model 10% off.
Its not the color I wanted but it doesn't look bad.

I'm ready to jump on it but I feel they are screwing me around on my trade.
The most they want to offer for my 2007 Rabbit is $6000. It's in mint condition with 89k km's. The interior looks new still.

Keep in mind that dealers are selling these cars used in my area for $12,000-16,000. I made an offer for them to give me $7000 but haven't heard back. Dealers in my area have offered 7000 to 7500 around there.

I know its only a thousand bucks but for me its still a lot of money. I've tried selling it on the local kijiji and used ottawa(craigslist) but no interest.

What do you guys think should I jump on this one? I'd probably accept it if they met me half way but I don't think they want to negotiate any further.

Another thing thats got me interested is the new pictures of the 2 series coupe(convertible). Seems like a new model is around the corner... part of me wants a 135i right now but I'm wondering if the 2 series will be a significant improvement over the current model.

Last edited by thehalcyon; 12-01-2012 at 06:52 AM..
Appreciate 0