DBFIU
Crack Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by msos View Post
try to anwer all quetions...........

Older question.........at a stop transmission automatically returns to 1st gear and tranny will "think" for you if the gear you are in does not result in what owners manual (page 55) says is plausible combination of engine and vehicle speed.....which if you think about it makes sense....in a MT car you cant roll along in 5th at 20 mph the car may stall....

you do have to physically move the shift stick (center console) from AUTO "D"-Drive mode to the left to get it into "gear shifting" Manual mode............by doing this (pull stick to the left about 3 inches). Here you also have the "option" of the stick (push stick forward for up downshifts, pull back for upshifts) but I have not tried that as it just doesnt seem logical to me.......I prefer to use the paddles.........

Paddles (+ on right side and - on left side for downshifts)........they are NOT illuminated and at any time you can override the AUTO system and start using paddles however if you dont keep using paddles (and you leave center console stick/selector level in D- AUTO mode the system will revert back to AUTO very quickly)....

Launch Control...............YES WE HAVE IT........page 57 of owners manual describes how to engage but as I have only 83 miles on my car its not gonna be tested and in fact it says it is NOT available during break in period..... some notes it says only available after car has reached optimum temp (about 10 miles of driving) and you MUST engage both DTC (traction control) and Sport button to have this option work.........then a FLAG symbol will appear in the instrument cluster..........it appears that after using the system it is not immediately available again (clutch probably has to cool down)....also notes in the owners manual say that double clutch tranny has overheating protection built in....yellow warning lt shows its getting hot (avoid high engine loads/heavy acceleration) and red warning light will indicate overheating and power to engine will be interupted
THIS is gonna suck...