11-06-2010, 09:59 PM   #67
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi TTRS, M Coupe, 1299

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
I was just wondering, have you considered maybe dropping in an aftermarket intake to possibly try and crack the 300rwkw? I'm aware the Aussie dynos read a lot lower and I've never been absolutely sure whether there are substantial gains but it's worth a shot (not that you need that power though lol!) Also, I'd imagine if you were really trying to squeeze out all the extra ponies you could try a bigger fmic. Also, does the CPE exhaust have any restrictions ie. mufflers, cats? If it were me I wouldn't bother but if you really wanted to crack the 300rwkw that's probably your best bet for now. As you said, the bolt-ons don't really do much for overall gains when weighing up the power to cost ratio but I think they help support engine in pumping out this much power, especially if it's your daily driver. Better airflow, cooler air, less restrictive exhaust will all help in the long term.
Thanks for the comments!

It's interesting, I did some research on aftermarket intakes and I'm not convinced any of them give any performance improvements over the OEM setup.

I'm unconcerned about the 300 rwkw mark, the car makes what it makes as it is. It's just a number!

The car has full boltons as it stands. I've got the Evolution Racewerks intercooler so there's no need for anything larger. The CP-E exhaust has no cats but does have mufflers or else it would be too loud for a street car! It also has ER charge pipe with blowoff valve.

The car is optimal from my point of view in terms of engine and supporting mods, I don't see any other changes on the horizon.

There ain't nothin' left to do!

Check out the 1Addicts Drag Racing Standings and Drag Racing 101.
Appreciate 0