08-18-2012, 07:52 AM   #26
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubzub View Post
M owners prefer non-tainting of their badge - that's how things go and is common on forums worldwide. Girls will do the same about other girls holding fake LV bags etc.

But it is a pity BMW went down that path of diluting the "M"arketing badge. At least Mercedes didn't have the gall to create sub-AMG line with AMG badges. Even on the roads, there seems to be more M badges on non-M cars vs AMG badges on non-AMG cars.

Thing is, aside from the M-performance cars, other cars with various M-sport kits will have M signage on the actual part (rims, steering wheel etc) - but not the actual M badge on the boot of the car which makes the diff between an actual M car vs. other cars who have taken on some M-tuning. The main M boot badge does not come with it otherwise my friends X3 who has had the full factory M-sport kit would have the M badge on his boot too.

But to top this, last Sunday was having dinner in Hawthorn, just along Glenferrie road.
Lo and behold, first up was a white c-class with the complete C63 bodykit, wheels and AMG badging - I am talking identical kit to the c63, not just the optional AMG bodykit. Points that gave it away? - blacked out roof (c63 has sunroof) and dual exhausts rather than quaddies.

Anyway, marvelling at this car, we walked two cars down and the same treatment was given to a 335i. Complete M3 bodykit, wheels including the bonnet bulge and various vents and M3 badging. Only the dual exhausts remained intact.

Now those are the ones that really need to be shamed..... sorry if they belong to anyone here, but seriously.
You will find Mercedes has been using AMG as much as BMW. I honestly don't think many people actually put a ///M on their boot lid, nor girls using fake LVs as pretenders. That comes back to my earlier post - well, it is wrong, but it probably doesn't matter.

If you like the look, put it there. If you worship ///M but can't afford one, put it there. If you like the look and compartments found in a fake LV bag, get it!

If you put a ///M because you want to pretend you have a ///M or buying a LV because you want people to think you own one - go and see a doctor.
Appreciate 0