05-13-2011, 07:55 AM   #64
JHOOPS2
AKA HISSMAN
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SG 135i Coupe'

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastauto View Post
Thank you! People are not understanding the larger picture. The 135 with Mods is a quick car but if people are only drag racing them then I think it's safe to assume they purchased the wrong car.

That's not what this thread is about. This thread is about engine performance in regards to tuning. I think we all can agree that the 1-Series M Coupe is going to be a great track car. However the best way to gauge overall power train performance from the crank pulley to the differential is in a straight line. I'm sure there will be plenty of handling dynamics threads in the future. This is more or less to know how things stack up once a JB4, Cobb, proceed or some other tuning system is applied. I also don't think anyone is saying that the M is just another 135i. I am still going to stick to my guns that the long block is still the same N54 that is in the N54 powered x35 cars. I can easily expect that there could be different rings evolved, however what kind of rings are they? Are they a better performing ring, or are they different because they come from a different source than the earlier N54 came from? I just want to see where these specs are coming from that everyone keeps bringing up. I have searched everywhere and can find no factual evidence to back up anything to do with intake, flywheel, piston rings, or any other changes. That's all I'm pointing out. I don't think I am in denial. I just like facts, and until someone can show it to me on a piece of paper I am going to stick to my guns.

Last edited by JHOOPS2; 05-13-2011 at 08:01 AM..
Appreciate 0