View Single Post
      11-11-2009, 02:59 PM   #38
RPIpower
Captain
Rep
Drives: F97 X3M, G80 M3

Those of you who are familiar with what I do here will understand the pricing. First tests showed over 40whp gain. This was acheived after a LOT of testing. The mufflers and internals are all made from scratch and we have done enough BMW systems to know what works and what doesnt. To some, it might look like just a muffler or resonator. A lot of work goes into the r&d. I dynoed the car again today and it showed a 38whp gain over my stock baselines. I will continue to dyno it either every day or every other day until I give the green light for production. Those of you who are local are free to come watch the dyno and to test drive the car if its here. Those of you who come will also get an explanation of the costs involved. I dont make mass produced exhausts systems with very little r&d. Our systems are not made to compete with Borla or comparable systems as you cant even compare the quality and amount of r&d that goes into it. Our price points and amount of labor hours used is more comparable to the Hartge systems. As far as I know their system is not a full system though. This is our second BMW and to me personally I wouldnt hesitate to spend $3k on a well made proven exhaust esp if I just spent $50k on a car. Thats just me but I do understand where all of you are coming from. Unfortunately, I dont have sweat shop labor so our costs are pretty high.

As far as the hp gains. Come and drive the car. Its easy to post things on the forums but you guys can come here this week and go out for a spin with me. You can even inspect the car first to see if I have any other mods on it. lol
Appreciate 0