11-17-2010, 03:38 PM   #99
bryce
Banned
Rep
Drives: zhp 3-pedal

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo135 View Post
Hey Bryce, is this true for n54 also? Is it cat back system? I have heard good things about the maddad and a few I can't remember.
yea, the same can be said for the n54. it's probably the top or one of the top two exhausts for the n54/n55 CURRENTLY on the market for power gains, sound, etc.

it's a modular exhaust, so you can get the downpipe-back section, just the axle back, or just the midpipes. cp-e makes catless downpipes, as well, so you could theoretically have a complete turbo-back exhaust from cp-e. i love the way it sounds personally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcc View Post
Does changing the midpipe to "high flow" cats on stock downpipe and axleback gets you any gains and sound? How much different would I be getting?

Kcc
not much power to be had there. catless downpipes is the biggest power gainer as far as exhaust modifications. i run ar design catless downpipes with the stock exhaust, sounds nice and subtle and i'm not losing much power from the secondary cats or muffler. one of these days i'll probably buy a dp-back exhaust, mostly for the sound though. like i said, the biggest restriction is the stock downpipes. get some catless dp's and enjoy the quicker turbo spool up, higher boost capabilities, and the intoxicating "swoosh" sounds
Appreciate 0