View Single Post
      11-14-2012, 12:13 PM   #7
ApexWheels
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertm View Post
Thanks very much for the info! Sorry it's taken so long to reply. I have been crazy busy at work as of late.

Jeff the Ec-7s are what I plan on getting. Will do Vorshlag camber plates too.

Looking at what tire options are available may make the decision for me. In the 275/35/18 I can get Michelan PSS. Those are pretty much unequivocally the best street tires out there. In the 285/30/18 the best I can find it are Potenza S-04s. I don't think these are as good a tire as the PSSs.

So, I'm thinking for now I'll probably just do 275/35/18 all around. I won't have to do camber plates immediately either which is nice as tires and wheels are going to be expensive.

Once I burn through this set maybe PSS will come in the 285/30/18 size.

Thanks!
Robert,

There are a few other better options out there for people looking for a 285/30/18 tire. That size is also available in the Yokohama AD08 extreme performance tire and will be available in the new Dunlop Star Spec Direzza ZII that will be coming out at the end of winter or early spring depending on when Tire Rack receives them. These tires will offer better ultimate dry grip. Wet grip and street civility will be slightly down but these are still great performing tires and the new Dunlop Star Spec may really surprise us all.