View Single Post
      05-26-2013, 01:08 AM   #1
Mark16q
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i convertible AW 6MT

New Bridgestone Runflats, much better

Just replaced the original bridgestone rft re050's on my '10 135i 18". They probably had a few thousand miles left, but got a great deal on a brand new set of the same tires off a '13 135is. Thanks gregthegr8, hope you're enjoying your PSS's.

Anyways, the difference in ride is night and day. The original tires crashed over things, made nasty sounds on road dividers and overall rode like concrete. So very surprised how much better the new version of the tires ride. Much quieter on freeway, smoother over the cracks and bumps that our freeways have, and seem to grip just as well. Bumps where I held on and cringed are just soaked up. First figured the pressure was low, but they are actually a few psi higher than recommended pressures and what I was running.

Anyways, I'm sure the michelins and other options out there are great, but if you want to stick with a RFT, it would seem that things have improved. And if you can get them off a brand new car less than 1/2 price of new, even better