View Single Post
      03-30-2007, 08:11 PM   #1
WolfsburgerMitFries
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 3er

US Market 120si due to fuel prices?

Unfortunately, its looking like from now on, any dinky incident in the middle east is going to be used as an excuse to jack oil prices through the roof, and I'm exceedingly tired of it. It appears to me that it may be wise to place a much greater emphasis on fuel economy in light of gas prices today exceeding $4.00 a gallon in California.

Normally, I would have never considered a 4 cylinder anything, particularly a BMW because of their wonderful inline 6 being such a good choice, but all of a sudden the idea of a US market 120si coupe and convertible are starting to make a lot of sense to me...particularly because of the application of new fuel saving technologies such as the automatic start-stop from Bosch appear to be limited to 4 cylinder engines at this point in time.

All the rumors I've heard concerning the US market 1 series so far have indicated that US market cars will be limited to the 6 cylinder engines...but again, its just rumors at this point.

Any views on this approach?

EDIT: This was originally posted as the 13 British sailors were taken hostage by Iran.
Appreciate 0