View Single Post
      08-28-2010, 11:41 AM   #8
TMR013
Opus Angelus
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2

Final Assesment

Got to finally take the 1er out on a fun road (to Tortilla Flats, super fun and a must for all Addicts in Phoenix). On the way up, kept DSC on and coming back went with DTC setting (don't recommend turning it off on this road unless you are really, really good).
On the way up, with the DSC on, you can really measure the tires performance since the car takes a lot of the other variables out. I decided the squirliness I noted before was due to the softer side walls, after a few turns I got used to it and it wasn't an issue. Dry grip was good, not super but definitely adequate enough to give me the confidence I needed. The way back was just plain fun, avoided most of the traffic so got a good long run in with no breaks. In DTC, the extreme corners gave me just enough slip to really get the heart racing. Once home, I inspected the tires and found no unusual wear or scuffs, so held up with no problems.
So final assessment, you won't be sorry for getting these tires. They are capable once you get used to them and an extreme bargain for the price. As ptack said above, satisfied with them, but will probably try something different next time as they don't give the same performance as a top end summer tire. But since I was looking to save a little money this time, you can't beat the HKs.
Appreciate 0