View Single Post
      03-17-2013, 07:37 PM   #381
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwagner003 View Post
Yeah, I actually discovered this by accident while preparing to race an older M3. There is no launch control button, per se, but it's activated with a certain sequence. Gear shift into manual mode. Press the Sport button. Downshift to 1st. Turn off traction control. Left foot on brake, right foot to the floor. A checkered flag will show up on the instrument cluster. As soon as you left off the brake, you're off.

2 rumors I've heard, though. It apparently does not activate until the car has 1,500 miles, and the computer tracks the number of times it's done. Maybe for warranty purposes if you shred the clutch after 2,000 miles.

Either way, have fun, man. The car likes to be driven like a bastard.
Interesting, I'll have to try that. I still don't understand the difference between putting the lever into sport and pushing the button to put it into sport, and if it's like "sport plus" if you have both the lever in sport and then push the button, too. Don't think the dealers even know.

Oh, I remember what driving the car is like. I would always tell people, it's not ME...the car MADE me do it. I can't explain it but it really feels like the car forces you to and makes you drive faster. After I had mine for a couple of months, i finally named it while driving down to San Diego right by aliso viejo. The freeway was backing up and that carpool lane was wide open. The car MADE ME go into that carpool lane alone, and I was doing 90 for about 30 miles. It was so wrong, yet somehow felt SO RIGHT! I then named her...Eva The Misbehava cause she made me do bad things. Like a devil on your shoulder. Will try to keep it in check with the new one.
Appreciate 0