Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by foghat View Post
I dunno.

That diagram to me reads: check when cold (which is what the guy in the video said he did - or rather he said never check when hot), the min cold level will be when the float is even with the top of the threads and the max cold level is when the float is popping out an inch or so.

The diagram says nothing about the max level being a 'hot level'. Even the owners manual page you included says (on step 3) the level is correct if it is between the min and max marks... Which to me reads, if it is at the min mark you are barely okay, so add some fluid. the guy in the video says this as well.

IF you look at the two "dots" on the stick-like float... when its full the stick would never pop up as far as shown in that video. In the video I think its obvious the engine was hot. Or at least fairly hot, not cold. Go check yours and report back. But don't burn your hands.

Btw... its a good idea to put some grease or petroleum jelly on the coolant cap. Its something everyone should do but no one really does. Thats what makes the cap so hard to remove. Also... when you re-install the car keep tightening it until you hear a "CLICK", then its on.
Appreciate 0