04-19-2012, 07:31 PM   #21
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
Wow, same exact story as me! Ended up buying my car July 31 after having put in for an order early July, being promised a 2008 before the production ended, then learning "oh wait, they vacation all August and you won't get your car til late October, early November at the earliest." Would have loved a manual, too, but oh well. I'm glad I chose this car. Still, SGM would have been awesome. I knew they were gonna discontinue it too, because when they told me they had to change the order, SGM wasn't available on 09 models. Oh well. And my mod budget isn't as big as you think! I see some people on here "just got my car a month ago. Here is is with JB4, DPs, FMIC, etc etc!" My first 9 months were bone stock, and everything else has been a slow buildup over the years.

But thanks man! I really appreciate it! And I appreciate everyone's comments/love.

Yeah I walked into a dealer in mid july, found a car. Some stuff happened (they dropped my first car off the truck at the dealer in southern jersey when it was being loaded for the dealer transfer)

Two weeks later and my car was sitting at the dealer. One problem though. It showed up in the afternoon the day before I had to travel to Puerto Rico for a week and I couldnt make it before the dealer closed.

Before my flight left I stopped at the dealer with a flashlight at 4am to spot my car through the fence. Then I had to leave it there for a week...tough times. ha! I ended up signing for it and driving away on August 16th.
Im honestly surprised a passing cop or security guard didnt think I was trying to steal a car.

Thats crazy though. I didnt know how many people basically went through the same stuff I did.

Appreciate 0