View Single Post
      04-30-2011, 04:52 PM   #3
animah
Private First Class
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

English is not my mother-tongue so in advance scuse me for my English.

So far I’ve just reach the 600 km, trying to religiously make a proper break-in, doing gradual and progressive climb in the higher rpm range, and peacefully avoiding full-throttle.
But that’s bullshit! It isn’t by far anything close to a peaceful experience it’s a little mean demoniac machine and avoiding going up to the 3k-4k rpm range when the whole engine and car is screaming at you and asking you more “I’///M ALIVE give it to me you little moppet” it’s a fully enjoyable torture!! Like trying to stop or be stopped when you are close to come…

Everything in this car give a special feeling, the sound of the twins-turbo going in charge and the roaring noise of the exhaust is a true aural pleasure! The steering is precise and firm and for my 2cents comparison it feel less heavy than a Z4M. The chassis is the real big-deal… LSD is mad efficient and suspension are very healthy. And I start to feel how and when the car will tell me the limits and so far it seems very sane!. (but I’ve been in Geneva and nearby in France the road where awful and I admit I wouldn’t do those roads every days, very-very bad moment for the arsch Prüfstand and the car!!)

Anecdote : third day when I’ve been enjoying being lost on some unknown roads a biker stopped at the road-side 300m in front of me, let me pass forward and then followed me up-hill on a nice unknown sneaky forest road. I don’t know if he saw me/heard me coming and did that on purpose but we decided to spend some miles together. Poor corners entries, first time on the road, timid heal-toe and the break-in… else if, he could have a really much harder time following me. Anyway that was the first time I got a polite “bye” salute from a biker. That’s priceless! I don’t need a bike license anymore…

About the color, Valencia Orange is astonishing! I’m really happy with my choice. It’s a living color showing different aspect depending on the light condition. Under the sun it will shine making the car exuberant. Under the city lights it’s more composed showing beautiful reflects. But under a bad average light (cloudy weather) I admit it feel a bit off.
Aside when it’s “off” it is an eye-catcher-break-a-neck! And I was surprised of the attention it attracts in the night! If you look for discretion avoid VO! Don’t forget that if you start to be sting by a fleet moment of shyness you will not be able to run out of sights discreetly. The rough noise of the exhaust will attract the rest of the attention remaining.

Youngster stopping their BMW in the middle of the road to look on the 1M parked, crazy hand waving out of the window on freeway or people waiting you to come back to hear the car starting is the kind of events you must expect…

Last edited by animah; 05-05-2011 at 05:45 PM..
Appreciate 0