06-01-2011, 12:56 PM   #12
MilehighM3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop E90 M3

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [6.50]
What good is more air flow if it's less dense? You're after oxygen contact not nitrogen content, since air is about 80% nitrogen. Cooler the better, I'd take half the air volume if I could get it from an oxygen tank ;-) my car does see 18 psi and the AFE intake still lost power, even through 4th and 5th gears. So there is no gains to be had from it. How ever, with my Dinan intake, the car is stronger in 4th and 5th than it is in 3rd. Nice ram air effects at higher speeds, of direct cold air.

As high as under hood temps get, dcis will never make more power. There's no direct airflow to them, even at road speed. With engine temps pushing 240-250 on these cars, how much better can that be over hear shielded cooler air from a stock box or nice aftermarket intake? My answer is simple, it's not better in any way. Thus my hatred for dcis, AFE open intakes, Riss, and any other half assed intake. Not to mention should some one want to see under the hood, a stock box looks clean and factory, along with some other intakes. Where open filters look like you bought them at Pep boys and used some PVC to make them fit.

Not trying to start any pissing contests, just stating my opinion. ;-)
Appreciate 0