View Single Post
      06-27-2013, 02:18 PM   #10
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009

I love driving this car in NYC..it’s a sexy car for a sexy city….with shit roads.
Do you know how they fix pot holes in nyc? They lay down a 2in slab of steel on it and call it a day.
Which is great if you are say a war zone…not so good for a city. Anyhow the first spring I had this car while driving to meet friends my 135i and it’s 18’s and runshits met one of these slabs…ever hear the song double rainbow? Well it was double bubble…which sucks! Though not as bad as your cracked rim.
So I hit the local NYC tire shop and the guy gave me two options. Runshits for $300 each….OUCH or Hankook K110 Ventus V12 evo’s $300 for both.
It was a no brainer!
Let me tell you before those tires went on my little 135i I was within hours of selling her or trading her in for a VW GTI. After I got those put on the fronts not only was the car more responsive but I felt more in control. Best explanation I gave my service tech was this “Driving around on runflats was like running the 100m dash in business shoes….it can be done…but you won’t like it.”
Now my rears are going due to miles and guess what I’m getting for the back two?
I’ll give you a hint…not funflats.

But that said…gosh darn it these front tires do need more side wall……they are just way too thin for American roads.
Has anyone tired going to a thicker tire? On their stock 18’s?
Appreciate 0