View Single Post
      04-26-2008, 12:25 AM   #49
E82tt6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 Black Saphire Z4 MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan@UnitedBMW View Post
Yes, it has. BMW NA and Dinan were once partners, and now that they are not, Dinan products are not supported by BMW. If you have a Dinan ECU past that date, you will your powertrain warranty. This is different than before, where BMW would still work on the car, even if it wasn't a certified Dinan dealership.
BMW NA and Dinan haven't been partners in over a YEAR.

It was always easy to know that the car had been flashed, and it always voided your power-train warranty.

BMW will still work on the car. They won't cover stuff Dinan broke under their warranty. This is nothing new, and this is one of the drawbacks people brought up of the Dinan tune before. BMW and Dinan got into warranty "spats" before this, arguing over who had to cover a part.

To be clear:

-Dinan ALWAYS voided your BMW warranty.

-Dinan and BMW haven't been playing on the same team since before the 335i came out.

-A non-Dinan BMW Dealer would NEVER honor Dinan's warranty.

-BMW ALWAYS knew if the car had been tuned by Dinan. Simply plugging it into a BMW computer lets you know that the ECU has been reflashed.

-BMW did not support Dinan's last tune, they stole or bribed their way into the last ECU, and will have to do the same with this one. R&D cost is non-existant, since they already have the tune. They just have to bribe/steal the way to get into it to install their tune.

-If it's that big of a deal, install an SSTT. It makes just as much
power as Dinan, costs 1/8th as much, and is completely undetectable.

This doesn't change anything, except that those who want Dinan instead of one of the piggys will have to wait a couple months.
Appreciate 0