mlhj83
Scythe-Meister
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP | F80 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by as7920 View Post
Congrats. Hope you enjoy your new ride.

I'm in a similar boat. Thinking of trading my 1M for a used M3 coupe with comp pack. All it will cost me is the price of a set of rear tyres which I need to buy for the 1M anyway, plus a couple of quid extra a month on the lease.

However, when I tested the M3 on Saturday (my 2nd test drive, first was a coupe w/o comp pack) I was still a little disappointed, although I have heard it can take a bit of time to appreciate the car.

Yesterday I had a 80 round trip in the 1M which was just the absolute best, fantastic country roads, superb weather and I just wondered WTF was I doing even entertaining the idea of swapping it. I must be mad.

Anyway, decision not made

All the best with the new car mate, stick around too. Don't be a stranger.
Test drive mine and see what you think . The S65 engine requires good running in and decent mileage to really loosen up, and I think the unique combination of my 18 inch wheels and ZCP suspension makes for an incredible bumpy B-road blaster. M-DCT takes some thorough understanding and getting used to to get maximum benefits, which the handbook doesn't explain well enough. I honestly think the combination of M-DCT and S65 makes the M3 special. Had the M3 come only in manual - which I feel is a handicap and doesn't match the characteristics of the S65 - I would have bought the 1M instead.

M-DCT can be just an involving as a manual but in a different way - I find myself constantly adjusting the drivelogic setting to suit the road conditions, the way I'm driving and whether I want to snap the necks of my passengers . My favourite feature is the one-pull-downshift-overtake manoeuvre, much like pulling the trigger of a gun.

Last edited by mlhj83; 08-15-2012 at 07:21 PM..
Appreciate 0