View Single Post
      02-03-2009, 03:48 PM   #10
singular
Captain
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i ppk cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolingmist View Post
At this time the only part we supply is the controller and the software. our controller retails for 1/3rd that price you quote. If you were getting this as a meth kit with all the pump and more it would obviously be more. You need a carputer or laptop as I mentioned mine was $300. lastly you need an RGB converter to interface your nav screen as a monitor. The one in my link in my post was $300.

The nice thing, is that these are very functional products you will use the computer for many things, our controller for many things and it will all be integrated such as OEM.

Obviously I dont have this exact product to offer today so I can directly discuss pricing, but if we were to offer this today as a complete package it would run more than what you listed. I can see it costing from 800-1200 depending on what options you want what you buy. If you buy a $300 mini laptop vs a $700 carputer that will make a difference.

I am developing this because I like cool innovative products. I will update this thread as well. Whether my company offers this as a product will definately be heavily influenced by this thread. Any input is appreciated and will be considered.
Do you think you might provide a C-API so that your software could be used as a platform? If so, I could see lots of widget contributions coming in by other SW guru's that would be based off of your system.

Good for you and good for the community.
Appreciate 0