Elwood74
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb135is View Post
Good prices for the IS are out there - just do all the math going in. Configure your MSRP then subtract 7% to get invoice and shoot below there. Dealerships still make profit selling a little below invoice. And dealerships who have a relationship with car buying services have SOME incentive to do so (though I don't know the specifics).

One dealership actually tried to tell me the 135is is a "high demand" car. I laughed at him and asked if he wanted to revise that statement. We aren't talking about the 1m here. I can't imagine many of these will sell, especially to anyone other than people like us who would tinker with the regular M-sport anyway.

My price is less attractive, though, considering two things:

1. Because I used the USAA car-buying service, I think my CCA $500 is null. I'm not entirely sure about that yet.
2. Because I'm using USAA loan to finance the balance on the car (got 2.25%), I lose the $750 BMW loyalty.

So more of a hit up front, but in the long run, 2.25% will give me savings over BMW's 3.80%.

When I placed my order, there were 6 dealer orders in the system scheduled to be built and delivered to the northeast. They were dealership orders, not customer-specified cars. Order placed last week -- don't have a production date yet.
1. Correct. One NJ BMWCCA member confirmed this.
2. Correct. This was my case. I chose 2.25% elsewhere.

You're also right about the 'is' being nothing special. Any 1 series allocation can be converted to an 'is' model. I found out about this from my dealer. After I ordered of course...

Congrats on your order. May the wait be less painful for you!
Appreciate 0