02-01-2013, 08:05 AM   #8
Stan.mac
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler2442 View Post
Was it a speed bump or a pot hole?

If its a pot hole then you need to stop hitting pot holes. Simple as that. Tires and pot holes don't mix. Avoid them or tire problems can occur at any time. Doesn't matter if you're lowered or not.
LOL; well said sir!

So I picked the car up late afternoon yesterday and the tire was replace under warranty. The dealership said they checked ride height to see if it might have been a rubbing issue, and the checks came back as a negative. So I'm not rubbing, or bottoming out, or anything. Seems as if it might have been a bad tire, or hit something I didn't see...
On the way into work this morning, went over the same bump in the road (I inspected it further as I went over it, seems that the bump is some kinda of joist where the exit ramp and the bridge leading to the exit ramp meet); and no issues!
FYI, running stock M-Sport wheels with the Stock RFT's. No spacer or anything.