View Single Post
      03-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #47
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoz View Post
I get you. But "beefed up stronger internals" = "beefed up tune" for the same reliability. If the engine were all forged, it could handle an even more agressive tune, for sure. Besides that, I think it's pretty close with the 135i, engine wise... the 135i being an awsome car!!

I've tried both stock... and the feeling you get from driving the 1M is so much better!

My 135i lease is up in June. If the 1M was available in quantity so that people could lease one, I'd be all up in it.
Just go and get one... and you'll be sold![/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as you. My lease is up at the end of June as well.
BMW doesn't have a replacement 2 series yet, and the 1M's are gone, new for lease anyway.

I'm looking at options now.
One is to keep my 135i, try to get a deal on a buy-out and get a certified warranty. I can keep it for a year or two and by then the new 2 series will be out. I only have about 27K miles on my 135i and drive about 10K per year. So by next year it will only have about 39K and still have 2 more years and 60K warranty. Should be easy to sell.

Another option is to go with then new 328i sport or Msport,
or a 335i sport/Msport. Leasing, the difference between equally optioned 328i and 335i is about $50-$60. Not bad at all.

The 3rd option is to go with a 135i vert with DSG.
At least it would be different than my N54 MT coupe.
I won't go into a 135i again as there is no need. If I want a 135i, mine is the best deal going.
Appreciate 0