View Single Post
      10-12-2010, 07:41 PM   #1
Straight6r
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135I Msport

135 owners a bunch of babies?

Was over a clients house today and the guy is a huge German car nut. He has 4 Bimmers and 3 Mercs. We started to talk about the Bimmers I have owned and I told him of my respect for the 135 in relation to his M6 in terms of performance for $$. He agreed but then proceeded to point out that in his dealing with most 1 series owners, all we do is bitch. "Cry like babies" was a term used more then once. He wasn't trying to insult myself as a 1 series owner, but he brought up a good point. Most 1 series owners I have meet tend to fit into this group. Instead of focusing on what a great car the 135 is and why true car guys like myself bought one in the first place, they just complain over and over about the same things. At the risk of being outed, this site is a prime example. There is so much negative on this forum ( Except for the hatchback section which seems to be pretty positive as a whole ) it just starts to wear on a person.

I love the 135 and joined the forum cause I thought others would be on here as well expressing what a great piece of engineering it is for the money you pay. Instead I am usually greeted by the same posts over and over about fuel pumps and rattles and resale value. I get it, the car is not perfect, anyone who knows anything about any BMW will tell you that. The arguement that is always made is that for what you pay, it shouldn't have these problems. I call BS and anyone who makes that statement knows very little about what they are actually talking about. You can run a minivan up to 40K, so it's not a ton of money. Talk to anyone that has a Ferrari or a Lambo. These cars are rittled with problems, yet most people buy them anyways because they enjoy the car for what it is, not every little problem the car has.

Point is STOP BITCHING! We all know that any one of us could be next to have a HPFP go on us, but I wont run on here to post how upset I am and how BMW sucks........... I am smart enough to know that it's not news and nobody needs to log on to the forum just to see another thread about it.

Anyways, thanks for letting me rant and I realize that not everyone on this forum fits into the group I just mentioned. There just seems to be quite a few on here that constantly complain and it just makes me wonder if any car they could buy would truely impress them.
Appreciate 0