09-23-2010, 01:21 PM   #8
DriveHard
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: X1 and R58 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunobm View Post
Hey guys, I just bought a 2011 135i 2 months ago and I love the car. Only problem is that I'm frustrated by not being able to drive it fast enough, and I am DYING to put this thing on the track.

There's an HPDE event occurring nearby at the Pocono Raceway, organized by BMC CCA Delval Chapter. It's 10/9-10/10 and costs $400. I've never done HPDE before and am a little nervous.. can't decide whether it seems appropriate to put my car on a track or not. It has 3000 miles on it and it's actually financed, I owe like $26,000 on it right now. Also, driving on a track without insurance kind of freaks me out.

With that in mind, do you guys think I should do it or not? Buying a track car just for this kind of stuff is out of question, I absolutely don't have the money or time to dedicate to that..

Thanks!
I did a time trial at LIMEROCK with EMRA a month ago.... car had 1,001 miles on it when we hit the track.... That was the first one i ever did and i cant look back...

I got track wheels and tires so as not to eat up or feather my RFT's...

Pocono is wide open.. nothing to hit in the infield. the only wall is on the banked turn where you are just going full out in basically a nice curve. ( yes of course you can spin, catch a tire in a rut and flip the thing over etc etc etc .... but i suspect youll be carefull enough to keep it off the burms. you tube emra time trial at pocono to see layout..

BTW there is one on Oct 3rd at Pocono that i am going to with EMRA alot cheaper !!

1 day track day insurance is available.. search for the companies on here there are a few.. instant coverage over the net. pay by CC about $150.00