08-26-2015, 06:55 AM   #22
reisf
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Some notes on the fit

Now some notes on how the console fits.

- Yes as stated above it is slightly wider than the 1er's console. However, it is literally less than half a cm wider on each side and unless you stick your hand under it, it is very hard to tell.

- The back of the console lines up perfectly, the front however you will need to wedge under the dashboard with some force. Screw holes even match up with the old points that are about half way along (near the hand brake), you will just need some longer screws.

- The hand brake and gear stick line up perfectly. You will however need new boots from any 3 series should fit. I got both of them for $25 each (AUD) the aluminium trim for $50 and the full console + armrest for $150 so $250AUD total. In my opinion, definitely worth it.

- On this console, the cigarette lighter plugs didn't match (front and under the arm rest). However it is super simple to fix - just cut the wires, solder, heat shrink them and you're good to go.

- As i mentioned above, the part where the console meets the dashboard doesn't line up. I'm planning on sort of cutting the front bit off the old console and letting it meet up with the new console somehow. Haven't planned it yet but i'm just thinking out loud here.

- You will however have to remove the aircon duct from under the console, you just tug on it and it comes out (picture below)

With all the above aside, i love it.

- Install time: about 2 hours.
Attached Images

Last edited by reisf; 08-26-2015 at 08:19 AM..
Appreciate 0