ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
On charge pipe.

I have the ER charge pipe. It is ok. I do not like the solution for DV attachment with a silicon elbow. I much prefer the robust quick connect clips that the OEM CP uses. Also, installing the CP is a PITA. And trust me when I tell you, dealers WILL give you problems related to the CP, ask me how I know.

If going aftermarket, i would only choose the ER though since it uses the factory C clip attachment to the throttle body and OEM O ring. An elbow there is just another cheap attachment IMO. And ER can be had in a black finish, although it is obvious it is an aftermarket part, mainly due to the big ER logos on the silicon DV attachment elbows which are clearly visible when looking in the engine bay.

I noticed no gain in throttle response with the CP, and would not personally do it again.

Again, i would not go with ESS on the tune, but if you are not worried about ease of flashing, pro dyno tuning, datalogging or resale, i suppose it is a safe bet.

The forge FMIC is legit, i have it and like it. It fits well.
Like you say installing is PITA and should be done by a good pro shop imo to avoid issues related to imperfect installations.

I also agree that even with black version it is kind of obvious that it is an aftermarket part but nothing like the shiny polished version.

I think on an otherwise stock car the throttle response factor is valid and is noticeable. Your experience might be related to existence of other mods maybe? Like a FMIC etc. I had nothing before ER charge pipe and did notice a better response after installing it.

Other than dealer warranty problems, once you install it good, it has well known benefits especially for a tuned engine. And there is no way to deny that stock piece is not up to task. I hope we can agree on that at least
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0