View Single Post
      03-30-2009, 10:35 PM   #10
KeithLM
Proud 1er
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Crimson/Coral 135i

Shipping and Refunds

On 2/6 Anthony told me everything I had on order (plenum, catch can, exhaust, downpipes) would be shipping in the next week. Keep in mind the first batch of plenums was to go out that day (but didn't) so I understand if they were a bit swamped, and I wasn't surprised for there to be some delays. However on 2/9 I received tracking numbers for the exhaust and downpipes. After over a week of hearing nothing I kept pestering them and it wasn't until 2/17 that I finally got good information, and that was the downpipes would be shipping soon and the exhaust a few days later. So 9 days from the shipping label being printed to the downpipes actually being given to Fedex, and 11 days for the exhaust. That's ridiculous. And I went over a week without a legitimate update. If you send out a tracking number you are setting an expectation that shipping will follow in a reasonble time, 24-48 hours at most. Anything else, then you should be making contact with the customer to explain the delays. Not making crap excuses about how many items fit on a truck, or how FedEx doens't always update the tracking.

Then, as it turned out on the 21st I received catless pipes. It took nearly two weeks, including multiple e-mails and phone calls from me, before they shipped out the appropriate pipes. I was told on 3/2 it would go out 3/3, and on 3/4 I asked where they were and was told they would ship on 3/5. Granted, they also took the initiative to include the O2 Sim. I didn't ask for it, but Anthony enjoyed holding that over my head when I complained about the fitment of the downpipes. Also I didn't receive my refund for the shipping on the catless pipes until I sent an e-mail after they received it even though I told them when I shipped it how much it cost.

The intake was another problem. I sent that back and again I had to send multiple e-mails to get my refund for the shipping. And all I was told was "Sorry this didn't meet your expectations".

With the exhaust, again I had to send an e-mail to get my refund. I had already made comments about not liking the fact that I had to wait to get my shipping refunds before and was told it would be refunded the second they received it. Not so.

On 3/20 they announced that they figured out my problem with the downpipes was a bad O2 sensor. They offered to get me one right away. By the time I finally gave up on 3/24 they still hadn't sent it.

Missed dates and poor estimates are a problem with Riss. If you look back over the plenum thread in the commercial section you'll see it slipped a lot. As did the replacement bracket, and the new DIY, which was supposed to be out weeks ago and hasn't shown up yet. If over the weekend you say you are going to do something on Monday, do it, or follow up on it. Don't leave people hanging until Wednesday. But apparently that is the Riss way.
Appreciate 0