03-06-2012, 03:52 PM   #39
Die ///M Rakete
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 ZCP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowceta View Post
The biggest problem we as 1M owners will face when modifying our cars is that the aspect we so love is hurting us the most... limited quantity.

Borla along with other manufacturers understand that even if every owner purchases their system, it will still be why of most other systems they offer. They have to spread out the cost of development, manufacturing, overhead, etc. Factor in the profit margin they seek and they arrive at $2145.

Now, they may be delivering less of a product than others out there, but that doesn't mean we will see an axle-back system, of decent quality, that is going to be below $1500. Time will tell, but I have already prepared myself to spend a good amount to modify the exhaust. I am hoping to catch a GP or holiday sale sometime soon.
Hmmm.....maybe, but I would wager that their profit margin is more substancial that most of the other exhausts we've seen so far. Those are not one-off special mufflers, just a pair of off the shelf borla mufflers by the looks of it and not even polished at that!!!

Way too much $$$ for the product.....and I happen to love the sound...but not THAT much
Appreciate 0