View Single Post
      08-17-2008, 06:49 PM   #23
one-35
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspressoBoy View Post
let us know how that goes for the whistle. I am one of those people. I did not hear the whistle when it was just part of the clearbra on the mirror. I complained that they didn't cover the whole mirror back and they added another piece. After that I really noticed the whistle. When I just put my hand other the back of the mirror going 120km it stops. So I am still not sure it's caused by a defective mirror or design flaw. Yet to test.

EspressoBoy
My local BMW Service Director is being a PITA. He wants me to remove my clear bra; drive and show him the mirrors still whistle (which of course, they will); then he will order new mirror caps, paint them, and swap them with mine.

They already put on mirror caps from another car (onto my car), and they said the whistling went away.

My Service Manager admits he does not believe the clear bra has any affect or is causing the whistling, but BMW POLICY is that if you make ANY mods to your car, then it voids the warranty for that (modified) item.

So... I may have my clear bra guy come back and professionally remove it. IMO, the mirror swap is NOT a guaranteed solution for eliminating the whistling. I might just fill the groove with some sort of removable tape. If I use silicone, my BMW Service will certainly say I modified my mirrors and will probably void any future warranty claims (even if it's a manufacturer defect or design flaw). What :bs:
Appreciate 0