Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukuss View Post
lol...
Don't knock it til you try it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 631twentyeighteye View Post
+1 to this attitude. If you constantly worry about screwing up the car, you're not having as much fun as possible. I know i'll be keeping my car until it blows itself to pieces(or until i blow it to pieces more correctly), so i'll probably end up pulling my fenders exactly like this when i lower mine. Thanks for the DIY!
No problem! Glad the DIY helped.

I'm reading around on these forums and some of these people CHANGE THEIR OWN OIL!!! Like... poor people have to do!! Plebeians, I tell you! D: D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeman View Post
Great write up and job! I've heard of many more baseball bat advocates, the phone book seems much safer. I pulled that front junction area out until I was getting a fairly large gap between the fender and bumper back when I was running 235/35 front Toyos. Actually with those tires I was rubbing the top of the tire on the fender arch when I turned and went over a large bump with weight in the car. I rarely regular rubbed the fender.

For my rear PSS's I have been thinking about removing my rear tire and using a jack to bend the fender/bumper area out since that area is much harder to bend than in the front. I still need to install my lightweight battery and see if a shop can add any significant camber. Btw, when I talked to Harold at HPA, he seems to think I'll only be able to add like 0.3deg more camber unless I change the rear toe arms and then to go further after that you can add an adjustable upper camber arm.

Can you tell how much clearance you have on the tire side?
Thanks for all the great info! I got it to the point that it only really rubs when turning over a bumper, or over big dips now, so I'm pretty happy. The rear is actually not a problem at all with ET45 and 245 size tires, which I am very happy/surprised with. Are the 255's you have THAT much wider that they're causing such issues? If it were me, I'd prefer to have not so much negative camber in back versus the front where it makes more sense, but that's just me. I'll be honest, I'm not sure how much the battery will help, though. I originally had an almost empty tank of gas, and upon filling up my rubbing (up front!) got noticeably worse, even from that hundred pounds or so of extra weight. How much could the battery possibly save? It seems that this "adventure" of ours never ends lol

I'll try to measure more scientifically when I get a chance haha, but up front I started out with barely 1 finger of space between the tire and the fender. After significant pulling, I can't fit two fingers, but now I can put my thumb in there with a bit of wiggle room to spare. If I had to guess, I had barely a half inch of room at most, and now I have at least 3/4 - 7/8 of an inch. Also, since the fender got pushed out, the gap itself doesn't matter as much because the wheels tucks under the edge of the fender slightly better and there's not really any poking out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by froop View Post

Imagining you and your friends jumping up and down on the car with a phone book shoved in between the wheel and fender gave me a good laugh. Props for a job well done.
Haha thank you. It was just me this time around, but there's a pretty funny video somewhere with a bunch of kids jumping around on a slammed lexus to pull the fender more. They didn't even heat up the paint!

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0