Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommolog View Post
Lowes sells the GE wattstation for $999. Here's the link:
http://www.lowes.com/pd_107343-76863-EVWSWBC-CP01_0__

Aerovironment sell the BMW EVSE direct for I think the same price. However I would suggest you look on Ebay. You may find one for less. You can use any 30amp EVSE other than the one made by Schneider because for some reason it doesn't work on the ActiveE. BMW and Schneider and BMW are working on figuring out why.
The big savings is in the labor. Do you know any electricians? is the run from your panel far to your garage? Do you have space in your panel for the 40 amp double-pole breaker? These things matter a lot with the installation cost. If you lived near me I would have helped you do it yourself. I installed the one on the right in the picture myself.
My dad is a construction manager and taught me how to do just about anything you would ever need to do in a house while I was growing up and its not the first time ive worked with electricity. So I was planning on installing it myself from the get go. Ive been searching around for a cheaper charger alternative and ive been unsuccessful thus far.
My box is in my garage, right behind the door on the wall conveniently enough so thats not an issue. Thanks for the warning on Schneider

Appreciate 0