View Single Post
      03-26-2011, 09:42 AM   #31
///1M
Captain
Rep
Drives: On a good day, AW 1M coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyphab View Post
Dual Clutch, Launch Control, AWD and a weight distribution of 60/40 are helping the TT RS massively on that excellent 0-60 time.

It's without doubt a very fast car, but it features a different approach: More technical supported and easier to drive. Audi evolves more and more in the direction Japanese cars are going. Like the GT-R: Insanely fast, but you are more controlling the computers and the computer is actually driving the car.

I won't say one is better or worse than the other, it's just a matter of personal taste.

The TT RS features the better seating position, has more "race feeling" and that 5 cylinder engine is developing a way better sound than the one from the 1M. So I'd say every car has its very own special characteristics you will like, if you own one.
I don't know if I can agree with you about the TT-RS seating position. I've driven a TT, and at 5'11", I felt very cramped, especially to my left. Not to mention only 2 seats, it's very low to the ground and has poor visibility. It can be a miserable drive, really. To own one at that price could result in regret / buyer's remorse.

On a separate note, Audi interiors are rather "blingy" with all the chrome. I prefer the more reserved, purposeful cabin of the 1M.
Appreciate 0