View Single Post
      03-06-2024, 10:08 AM   #1
rexlex
Rep
Drives: 18 M550, 12 135i,

Wheel and Tire Fitment issues due to worn suspension?

I recently purchased a 2012 135i e88 and immediately bought some Apex Arc-8s 17x8.5" ET 40 with 235/45-17 tires (Nitto NT555 G2s) and I have been having rubbing issues when spirited driving and large dips/bumps, mainly in the front. I proceeded to roll my fenders to reduce the rubbing and it helped but its still there. I think my problem is just worn m sport suspension. My plan is to go ahead and do the 1M/M3 front and rear control arm upgrade to get some added camber, but I am struggling on what I should do via shocks/springs.

This car is my DD and I really drive it hard on the weekend with my euro club on small town backroads. I would ideally like to keep it at stock ride height unless I could be certain to remove rubbing while lowered First thought was a coilover setup but I'm afraid I'll have clearance issues on in the front as my current fitment is already tight, and I rather not drop major cash on a setup that isn't needed. I hink I am leaning towards just replacing the struts for sure and possibly springs if needed.

Looking for options on what would give me the best bang for the buck to reduce that suspension travel to fix my rubbing issues while also giving me more performance on those spirited drives.
Appreciate 0