01-18-2012, 10:58 AM   #290
AW128i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 N51

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquidwarD View Post
Over all the install took me about two hours max. The bumper was the hardest part of the install. It is very easy to do yourself. The hardest part is separating the bumper from the left and right side wheel well. You will need separator pliers or what ever they are called and some strength. It is a little stuck which makes it tough. It will feel like you're going to break something but it will be fine. Here is a quick write up DIY to remove the front bumper... http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224260

The replacement of the LED's I found to be quite easy. I didn't need to use any tools or tweezers, I just used my hands and went slow. If you have large hands you might need tools, but long needle nose pliers will work.

The Ballast were places directly behind the head light on the inner side of the wheel well. (see picture below) the kit comes with everything you need to mount the ballast including mounting rails and nuts and screws.

I got you a picture of the beam pattern, it is not the best it was taken on an iPhone but it was when I started my car this morning and had an opportunity to take it. There is a light against the wall but you still can see it and get an idea. I will try to get a better photo for you. Also, I have not fully set the beams correctly so the light is slightly higher with a curve at the top of the pattern but that should go down once I bring the beams down more.

As for having the AE's as DRL's its not possible with just the basic install. You would need to do some extra wiring which is covered in a DIY on this forum somewhere. I just move the light switch to the right one spot from the center and it will run the AE's alone.

I hope that about sums it all up for it for everything you asked.
Thanks for the info and pics. The beam pattern and cutoff don't look ideal, but certainly not bad. And, you avoided the insane costs of retrofitting HID projectors into the DEPOs. As for running the angel eyes as DRLs, you don't need to change any wiring. You need to find someone with NCS Expert and they can code the city lights as DRLs. The DEPO angel eyes use the city lights. You want to look for this coding in the FRM module: VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL and change the coded value from "drl_h" to "drl_s" without the quotes.

Last edited by AW128i; 01-18-2012 at 11:13 AM..
Appreciate 0