blutattoo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
Has anyone attended Hooked on Driving events? I'm looking for some formal instruction and one of the regional tracks has a few different sets of instructors that rotate through.

If you have used HoD personally I would appreciate your feedback.
I believe they are operated regionally by different leadership, so the experience may be a bit different out here(California) rather than over there but they put on the most well run HPDE's out here. Especially if you are new to track driving. Out here they have car control clinics and classroom instruction before you even hit the track and support you throughout the day with classroom instruction after each session. Coaching ride alongs are free. Outside of BMWCCA they are the most thorough.

I drove with them today at Sears Point and like always they put on a great and safe event. I drive with them about 7-10 days a year, plus they offer other cool stuff for frequent drivers like press events and driving events put on by car manufacturers or tire manufacturers. Today I got to ride along in a new Mclaren MP412C and an Ariel Atom which was a blast. Earlier this year I got to go to a Pirelli event where they lets us drive a handful of cars(Porsche 911S, BMW 328, Jeep SRT8) outfitted with different Pirelli tires on a Autox course and wet and dry skidpad.

Can't say enough good things about my experience with them. I'll post videos from today once I finish editing them.
Appreciate 0